17 March 2014

Irish for a Day

Before Jackson was born, our friends Susan and Bryon gave us a stuffed dog named Scout. Little did we know it would become a beloved toy. It's the official car mascot--always along for the ride. It's also become a bit of a tradition to take a picture on St. Patty's Day with Jack and Scout. It's fun to see how much he's grown.

I'd love to write about all the changes we've seen in the past year in Jack-Jack, but I must make this short. We are having friends over for dinner and there's corned beef brisket, colcannon, horseradish sauce, broccoli and mojito cake to prepare. Not to mention the cleaning. Our little leprechaun is down for a nap, so I have a few hours in which I hope to get a lot done.

Here's a little recap of our last four St. Patrick's Days. Enjoy!


2011--one month old
Jack was so small I had to prop him up--and he kept tipping over! Scout's head is bigger than his, but notice the reddish tint to his hair? That didn't last long. :(


2012--1 year, 1 month
He was such a squirmy worm that the picture ended up blurry. I think this was the best shot out of about 30 attempts. Look at how long and blonde his hair is...evidence we were living in the Sunshine State.

2013--2 years, 1month
Still not talking, but oh what a busy noise maker! He pretty much wanted to do anything but pose for a picture, but I finally got this one. Scout almost didn't make it in the shot.


2014--3 years, 1 month
Jack finally comprehends what it means to sit still and smile. His reward? Getting to see a picture of himself! His hair is darkening--maybe because he's getting older or maybe because we're enduring the longest.winter.ever.

I'm not sure if my photo-taking skills are improving, my subject is getting more handsome, or if it's my new camera, but OH.MY.GOODNESS. Look at this beautiful boy! I can't even stand it.


Wishing you a lucky day filled with leprechauns, rainbows, pots of gold, and the color green (esp. the paper kind with presidential pictures.)

-Luann

2 comments:

  1. He started out cute, and he just keeps getting cuter! What a fun way to capture the changes.

    ReplyDelete