27 June 2014

Change of Plans

I haven't blogged in a very long time, and there's been a good reason for that. We've had a change of plans regarding our adoption, and although I wanted to write about it, I couldn't.

You see, we are no longer adopting a child from Ethiopia. And while I know it may come as a shock to some of you, I hope you won't be disappointed.

You see, near the end of May, we received an email from our adoption agency. After exchanging pleasantries, they dropped a bomb on us.

They had a sibling group of three that had become available for adoption. I clicked on the link to see the photos of their sweet faces, and I knew in that instant that we would not be adopting a child from Ethiopia.

We'd be adopting three.

I am limited on what I can share on social media sites, but let me tell you...they are three of the most beautiful children you have ever seen. Ever. I can't post their pics, so you'll just have to believe me.



D is 11 years old, and he is very protective of his younger sisters. He has light brown skin and a shy smile. He enjoys discussing politics with his caretakers, showing his friends his "moves," and studying English and math.

M is 8 years old, and she has huge brown eyes that light up a room. She loves jumping rope and reading. She hopes to be a teacher when she grows up.

L is 6 years old. Her smile is as wide as her face. Her caretakers say she "tries her best to obey," and the mischievous sparkle in her eye seems to confirm that. She loves sports and says she wants to be a mommy when she grows up.

The timeline for when these precious children will come home is in flux, but if all goes according to plan, they should be joining our family early in 2015.

We're praying it will be even sooner than that.

Ken and I, along with Jack, are thrilled. Doubling our family size within a few months is a bit overwhelming, but we are confident that this is God's plan for our family.

Will you join us in praying for little D, M, and L? Transitions are always hard, but we're so thankful these little ones will have biological siblings--as well as a new family and a community who loves them--to rely on.

I'll write more in coming days about all the amazing things we've seen God do throughout this process, but this wonderful news will have to suffice for now.

Love to you all~

Luann, for Ken and Jackson

3 comments:

  1. So exciting to read about your new family...the children who will be part of your forever family. I know God is preparing each of you for what is to come. Still praying! Much love, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when someone says a big yes to a "Will you...?" from God. Praying your blessings will be tripled as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so excited for you! Praying for all of you as you prepare for this big change.

    ReplyDelete