31 December 2013

Positive News

Just a quick update to thank you for your prayers and let you know we heard some GREAT news from our adoption agency. It looks like the officials in Ethiopia will develop a task force to make better laws pertaining to adoption--and enforce existing laws--but there is no immediate plans to end adoption. That may be their end goal, but it would take quite a while to put that into place. In the meantime, agencies and orphanages will be stepping it up to better protect vulnerable children.

God is so good to us.


Tonight Ken, Jack and I will be going out for a late dinner at one of our favorite pizza restaurants. Then we'll come home to have some chocolate fondue and spend some time playing a riveting game of Chutes and Ladders.

I don't know if we'll make it till midnight; if I fall asleep before, it will be the first time I remember doing that. But I wouldn't be surprised. I guess this is what 42 looks like for me. 

We wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. We pray that your beliefs about yourself, your family, your situation, and your future will conform to the truth of God's goodness and amazing love for you.

Hugs to you all,

Luann

PS: What are your plans for this evening? Please do share so I can live vicariously. <3

7 comments:

  1. Ummm, overeating and going to bed? I'm usually up till midnight anyway these days (gotta love vacations!), so I'll probably be up tonight as well. Then tomorrow night starts the back-to-school routine so next Monday's not a shock. Your pizza date sounds more interesting than our New Year's plans. Do you feel better now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than likely I will not be up but that is debatable. My daughter and boyfriend are leaving MA this afternoon and driving through for about 15 hours. If you are up, you can pray for safety for them. We don't anticipate a lot of weather problems and they will stop for the night if they have to. I will probably be sewing and trying to finish David's Christmas present - curtains for his office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such wonderful news. God is so good!! We will continue to pray for all of you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year you guys. I'll be in bed earlier than you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're spending the evening relaxing. We're planning to stay up until midnight, something we haven't done in quite awhile. Wishing you a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! What a way to ring in the new year. Can't wait to see what God has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just can hardly wait til the day when you tell us that your daughter is in your arms and on her way home. I pray that this will be the beginning of the most amazing year of her life - and your too.

    ReplyDelete