01 September 2014

Thoughts on 43

  • A giant piece of carrot cake is the perfect way to end a perfect day.
  • I am so rich in family and friends that even Bill Gates is jealous.
  • Well, he would be if he knew me. But he doesn't. His loss.
  • I've had my share of ups and downs in life, but for the most part, I live a pretty charmed life.
  • A quiet house at the end of a long day is a wonderful gift.
  • I love that I spent the majority of my weekend gluing, cutting, painting...creating. Creating makes me feel joyful.
  • I bet that joyful "I just created something!" feeling is the reason God made so much stuff.
  • Yesterday Jack didn't want to take a nap, but I finally convinced him to lie down on my bed and quietly read books with me. He'd look at a few pages and then turn his head to me, put his face next to mine, smile hugely, and say in a high-pitched voice, "Mom! Your birthday is tomorrow! I'm sooooo excited!"
  • My hubs gave me a dishwasher for my birthday. You know you're a grown up when appliances excite you.
  • 43 is so much better than 13 or 23 or even 33. Probably better than 3 too, but I don't remember that much about 3. Because I'm old.
  • I read this quote today: "There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why." -William Barclay
  • I've known the "why" part for a while, but the vision has become more tangible this past year. That makes me happy and excited.
     
    I can't wait to see what next year holds.
     

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, friend. This year promises to beat all the others by leaps and bounds and the number 3, on many levels? And hey, I'm just over here creating, too. Time for a girls neighborhood night in, I think! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :)
      A creative kindred spirit...Girls night in sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Luann, these are great observations. You are definitely a kindred spirit (in addition to being kin haha!). I know if we lived closer we'd be good buddies :). Someday we'll visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Lu! I can't wait to see what 43 holds!

    ReplyDelete