11 September 2014

Do Over

Great news for all of you who have long abandoned your New Year's resolutions:

Today is a new day, a new year. Time for a Do-Over...if you need one.

In Ethiopia, they follow the Coptic calendar, which celebrates the New Year on Sept. 11.

Today I'm an honorary Ethiopian. Do you want to be one too?

Here's another reason to consider being Ethiopian for a day: In Ethiopia the year is 2007. Seriously. (If you don't believe me, check this out: this.)

So if you woke up stiff and sore this morning...if you're feeling like your age is catching up with you...deduct 7 years from your current age and live accordingly.

Reset your internal clocks, my friends! Melkem Addis Amet! (Happy New Year!)



4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank God. I'm turning 30 next year, so I'll now be 22 and working with you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIrl, I miss you. I really miss you. I loved working with you! You are a rock-star coworker. Someday let's work together again. For real. xo

      Delete
  2. Good news! And maybe I can redo some of my questionable decisions from the past 7 years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You? Questionable decisions? :) I'm glad we became friends long before that so I know that becoming friends with me was not one of them.

      Delete