10 August 2014

Deep Breaths...

You guys.

I.Can't.Even.

I mean.

I don't even know what to say.

Overwhelmed.

Excited.

Grateful.

{deep breath}

As of about two minutes ago, we have sold FIFTY-SEVEN pendants. Fifty-seven. In less than 3 days.

Oh me of little faith--I only ordered 75 pieces total. And that was a stretch. Initially I was only going to get 50, but I felt the nudge to get more.

And these have ALL been blog/Facebook sales. Apparently God knows how much I hate looking someone in the eye and asking them to buy something. I haven't even set any aside to sell at the booth we'll have at our church's Fall Festival in a few weeks.

The African Suns are gone. Gone. And four are on back order. I have to call my artist-potterygirl-artisan-friend and see how soon she can make more.

I am in awe. I don't know why...I  look at all that God has done already...and yet, I still have moments of doubt.

A little story for you. I was at a thrift store a few weeks ago. It benefits a program for single moms and their kids and is run by a local church. This church is more of the foot-stomping, tongue-speaking, hand-clapping variety than my church (although we do have our moments), and gosh do those women running the shop love Jesus.

Well, when they found out I was shopping for clothes for three chillin's that we're looking to adopt, they gathered around me, layed hands on me, and Prayed. (That's praying with a capital "P," as opposed to the way some folk pray with a little "p," if you know what I mean.)

They prayed for the children, the transition, the resources, the funds to come in. They prayed for our family, our faith, and when they prayed, they believed it.

When the last woman said Amen, Rosemary, the lady I see there now every week, said, "Luann, it's done. Done."

I walked out of that shop lifted up on angel wings. I told Ken about it, but he had yet to go there until yesterday. So yesterday when we stopped by (they are only open on the weekends), Rosemary and another woman, whose daughter is a missionary in Zimbabwe, asked how the adoption was going, and Rosemary encouraged me to show the kids' pictures again. They didn't have to twist my arm.

Then I showed them my necklace and explained how we were selling them to raise money for the kids' airfare.

I must've looked worried about the finances, because Rosemary looked at my like I was crazy. "Girl, did you forget what I told you last time after we prayed?"

No, I hadn't. "I know, Rosemary. It's done. Done."

When Ken and I got back in the car, he said, "Wow! Now I know why you go there. I feel great. That was just the spiritual pep talk we needed!"

THANK YOU, Jesus. Thank you, friends, who have supported us with your purchases and especially with your prayers.

It's not too late to place an order. In case you missed it, below is what we're selling. We're out of stock on the African Suns, but I'm going to order more this week. If you're interested in buying anything, or you want to let us know you're praying, leave us a comment with your email address and I'll send you more info.

----

Splendor 
I like to think of the first design as our signature piece. Measuring about 1.5" x 1", this rectangular pendant is engraved with the Bible verse we have prayed for our children. It is perfect for moms, grandmas, aunts, teachers, or anyone who loves kids. I wore it last night when I had dinner with some of my high school friends, and one of them noticed it right away and asked, "Luann, what does your necklace say?" That's the exact goal: it's a conversation starter. The print is small enough that it may be difficult to read, but pretty enough to create an artistic design.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord, for the display of His splendor. (Isaiah 61:3)
Our adopted children will be uprooted from everything they know and be replanted into our family here in the U.S. Whenever something is replanted, there is a transition time while the plant adjusts to the new soil. Sometimes it looks like the plant won't make it. But once it takes root and is nourished and cared for, it flourishes and grows. That will be our kids...their stories will display His splendor. I am holding onto that promise.

But this promise is not just for adopted children, it's for all of us. Whatever rough patches we've been through, God can redeem those struggles for good and create something lasting and strong...like the mighty oak tree.


Glazed in a concrete-earthy toned color, this organic piece comes with a black cord that can be adjusted to various lengths. We are selling this item for $15, or you can get two for $25.










African Sun--Currently SOLD OUT
The second piece we're offering is a round, two-sided pendant. On one side is a blazing African sun, and the other side simply says "Shine." I love the simplicity of the message as well as the graphic appeal. Like the previous piece, this pendant comes with an adjustable cord, and it measures about 1.5" in diameter. This necklace looks great with a V-neck shirt as well as a plain shirt that need a bit of pizzazz.

Because each African Sun pendant is individually hand stamped and cut, each piece will be slightly different. The glaze has hints of burnt yellow and dusty blue that reflect whatever color of clothing you're wearing.

We are selling this two-sided pendant for $15 each, or two for $25. If you want to order the African Sun, let me know. It will probably be at least three weeks until we get more in stock.




Roots and Wings
When I was discussing our ideas with Linda, the artist who created these pendants, two of her stamps caught my eye. One was an intricate cherry blossom and the other a gentle dragonfly.

I like the contrast between these two symbols: the beauty of the cherry blossom is only produced when it is connected to the tree, which must have roots that go down deep into the soil...and the dragonfly is made to fly, free and unfettered. These two ideas--having roots (knowing where you came from) and having wings (discovering your uniqueness and purpose)--are essential to life.

This two-sided pendant, measuring 1.5" x 1", comes with an adjustable cord and is available for $15 each, or 2 for $25.


Reality Check
I call our final piece Reality Check because that's exactly what it is. There are more than 4 million orphans in Ethiopia. Four Million. I can't even get my head around that number. But Lord-willing, that number will be lessened by three in a few short months.


By purchasing this piece or any of the pendants, you are making the "minus three" a reality. We can't accomplish this without you, and even if we could, we wouldn't want to. We want our children to be raised and loved by a whole community.

Measuring 1.5" long and less than 0.5" wide, this two-sided piece is the perfect size for a key chain. It is also really cute "doubled-up" with one of the other pendants, in a charm necklace or dog-tag style.

This smaller-sized pendant is selling for $10, or $2 for $15. It comes with a silver link key chain holder.




To purchase one of these items, simply leave me a comment or send me an email indicating the pendant you want and the quantity. This is the perfect time to think ahead for teacher gifts as well as Christmas presents.

After placing your order, I will send you an electronic invoice and you can pay directly to our PayPal account using your debit or credit card. Or, if you prefer, cash is always good.

If you live locally, I will personally deliver your purchases. If you don't live nearby, shipping starts at $1.50 per item.

Thanks for reading, praying, and purchasing!

On behalf of our growing family~
Luann


No comments:

Post a Comment