03 June 2011

What I've Been Up To ...


Seven years ago I moved to Florida. It's been a wild ride:

I got a dog, got married, and got pregnant. I was the top editor at a newspaper and the lowest secretary at a school. I bought my first place at rock-bottom prices only to have the bottom fall out. I traveled to the countries of Romania, Yemen, Jordan, and Texas. I lost my mother and father, a job, three men who weren’t marriable, and the hearing in my right ear. I was employed by a mega church and a megalomaniac. I maintained terrific long-distance friendships and made a few new friends. I learned that family is one of God’s greatest gifts. I learned that every loss, every bump, and every bruise was all part of the Plan. I became a fan of Spanish steak, white rice, black beans, and big puffy clouds. I discovered I’m more comfortable with diversity when I’m still part of the majority. I learned that being lonely and alone is a lot better than being lonely in a crowd. I became a blogger, a business owner, a wife, and a mother.

All in all, I wouldn’t trade the past seven years for anything.

1 comment:

  1. I've loved spending the past year 16 months of those 7 years married to you. Those are definitely crazy times when you distill them like that.

    ReplyDelete