12 February 2014

Happy, I am.

1. My darling boy was born three years ago today. I love him more than I ever thought it possible to love another human being.

2. Great News Today! ... Our dossier (adoption paperwork) has been authenticated by Washington D.C. and it's now on it's way to Ethiopia! That puts us on the official wait list for a child referral. (<-- That's a bunch of adoption mumbo jumbo which basically means we've crossed another huge hurdle.) Please keep praying that God will bring just the right child to our family.

3. Ken just notified me that the Girl Scout cookies he ordered from a coworker have arrived. Savannah Smiles! Yes!

4. Breakfast at our favorite bakery this morning. Jack attacked his cinnamon roll.

And milk.

The tile ceiling and exposed brick wall make me happy.

Just look at those baby blues, people!

Love his cheesy grin.
If those pictures didn't put you in a good mood, check out these videos. If this doesn't make you smile, you're a hopeless case...



Yes, he was singing quite loudly in the cafe!

Lest you think my life is all puppies and rainbows and Girl Scout Cookies, I should confess that my sink is full of dirty dishes, laundry is piled as high as Mount Everest, I'm way behind on a work deadline, and my now three-year-old is still wearing diapers. :)

Love to you all,

Luann

PS: What makes you happy today?


2 comments:

  1. So much to celebrate! February is a big month for you: an anniversary, a sweet boy's birthday, and an approved dossier! Celebrating with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me happy. And coffee. And the ability to work from home in this mess of a snowstorm. Great post, chica! Yay for clearing another huge hurdle!

    ReplyDelete