13 January 2011

Today is the Day

The first blog in a blog series is always the hardest to write. Is background necessary? Should I explain the purpose? I don't even know the purpose for sure--only that I need an outlet to record the days of my life. I've had blogs before, but they never really encompassed all of me. So today is the day. From marriage to faith to babies to freelancing to writing to grammar to what's for dinner ... this is my life.

Today started with a somewhat stern call to the manufacturer of our baby crib. We ordered a crib online through Wal-Mart in November. We received it in December. Due to the holidays, we didn't open the box until January. May have been a mistake. It's a gorgeous crib, and I'm so happy with the way it looks.


Only problem is that the hardware was not included! After numerous emails and phone calls, I pulled the pregnant mommy card this morning. I threatened to contact the Better Business Bureau. She said the hardware will be here on Monday. Let's hope so! Our baby isn't due for another six weeks, but Ken's coworker just had her baby three weeks early...and that put the fear in me!

Speaking of baby, he is super active this morning. My belly is waving and jumping and rolling with all his movements. It's so fun to watch. The doctor says an active baby is a great sign of good health. But I have to admit, it still feels very, very strange.

Much to do today. My long-time friend Dawn and her two kids are coming to visit tomorrow from Chicago. I'm so happy they'll get relief from their ultra cold, snowy weather. We have big plans...pool, beach, drive-thru safari zoo, Billy Swamp Safari, church, Aruba's Beach Cafe...all in three days or so!

Also need to get busy on some freelance work, and do my daily reading. I'm reading through the Psalms, other Wisdom Literature, the Gospels and the Epistles this year. Reading through the entire Bible seems entirely too daunting, but this I can do. I got a daily reading plan off the internet, and so far so good. It's about two chapters a day, and truthfully, that's about all that my mind can digest in one sitting. If I read too much, I tend to lose it all; if I read a manageable amount, I can walk away with a couple truths for the day.

That's all for now...
Luann

1 comment:

  1. I really hope little Inkling doesn't come too early, I need the time to knit!

    ReplyDelete